Effective Date: Oct. 14, 2014
We take your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we collect, use, share and protect your information.
This Privacy Statement applies to the handling of your Personal Information in connection with all services and Web sites offered by Telecrane USA.
This Privacy Statement describes:
• Why we collect Personal Information
• What Personal Information we collect and when it is collected
• How your Personal Information is used and protected
• When and with whom your Personal Information is shared
• How to contact us with questions or comments
Information We Collect.
This Privacy Statement applies to Personal Information, which is information that Telecrane USA collects from you as a customer that specifically identifies you as an individual.
Telecrane USA may collect your Personal Information when you:
• Place an order on TelecraneUSA.com or other Telecrane USA Web sites
• Register or Create an account on TelecraneUSA.com or other Telecrane USA Web sites
• Return an item
• Inquire about our products or services
• Request our catalog
• Receive a Telecrane USA gift package
• Sign up for Telecrane USA email or other promotional materials
• Enter a Telecrane USA contest or sweepstakes
• Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
• Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
Personal Information that Telecrane USA collects from you may include:
• Telephone number
• Fax number
• Email address
• Transaction information
• Credit card, debit card or checking account information
• Driver's license number and expiration date (in conjunction with merchandise returns or credit checks for credit card applications)
• Date of birth (in conjunction with promotions, credit card applications or credit checks)
• It may also include information you give us about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact info of a Friends & Family Pickup person.
Information from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand and analyze our records and identify new customers.
Telecrane USA may also collect other information, including browsing activity on Telecrane USA Web sites, activity in response to Telecrane USA emails, location information, and aggregated or statistical information regarding use of our Web sites to improve site performance, product offerings, and promotions and targeted advertising.
This information is collected and stored using a variety of common technologies, including various types of cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and tags.
If you do not want to receive targeted advertising from Telecrane USA, please see the Cookies section below. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please see the Choices section below.
Note: In order to provide you with a better shopping experience and to improve the quality of our services, we may combine Personal Information you submit under your account with other information that we may receive from you, from third parties or with other public information. We maintain this information, along with a record of your purchases, in restricted databases on web hosting company servers.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the internet and Telecrane USA does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children younger than 13.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
Telecrane USA strives to make your shopping experience easy and convenient, from your initial search for products and services through the delivery of your requested items. The information we collect helps us meet this goal by allowing us to:
• Customize your shopping experience and identify your preferences
• Confirm, process, fulfill, and track your orders
• Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
• Inform you of special values and featured items
• Send you promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
• Send you Telecrane USA email
• Inform you of recalls or other information on products you have purchased
• Prevent or mitigate fraud and credit risk
• Administer promotions, contests, sweepstakes, and rewarding programs
• Improve our merchandise selection, Web sites and customer service
• Facilitating interactions with Telecrane USA and others, such as enabling you to e-mail a link to a friend
• Comply with applicable legal demands, laws and regulations
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
California Residents – Notice of Disclosure.
California law gives California residents the right to request a notice describing the categories of Personal Information Telecrane USA shares with affiliated companies or other parties for their direct marketing purposes.
The notice that Telecrane USA gives California residents under California Civil Code sections 1798.83–1798.84 identifies the categories of Personal Information Telecrane USA shares with affiliated companies or others for their direct marketing purposes. The notice includes the names and addresses of those affiliated companies or others. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please email us at or
Write to us at:
Privacy and Compliance
2400 N Lincoln Ave. Ste 115
Altadena, CA 91001
Use of “Cookies.”
Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred from Web sites to your computer’s hard drive and they may serve a variety of purposes (web beacons, Flash cookies and other similar technologies may also be used for these purposes). For example, cookies “remember” you when you return to Telecrane USA.com or other Telecrane USA Web sites and make your experience more user-friendly. Cookies help Telecrane USA identify which Telecrane USA web pages are visited and how often and evaluate how its Web sites are used to improve their services.
Cookies also enable Telecrane USA to deliver targeted advertising to you. To learn how to opt out of these advertising-related cookies, please email us at .
If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit web pages, or if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your opt-out may become ineffective and may need to be repeated. Browser settings, including do not track signals and other mechanisms, will not affect data collection and not constitute an opt-out of advertising-related cookies, personalized third-party advertising or promotional messages from Telecrane USA; you must use the opt-out choices described herein in order to opt out from such promotional messages.
Your Choices Regarding Telecrane USA Promotional Messages.
You may decide to opt out of receiving promotional messages from Telecrane USA. To do so, please notify us by one of the following means:
• Follow the “unsubscribe” link on any promotional email from Telecrane USA
• Email us at and tell us you want to opt-out of from Telecrane USA Promotional Messages
• Fill out our Web-based form
Once Telecrane USA has processed your request, you may continue to receive messages or postal mail from affiliated companies and others if they received your email, mobile number or postal address from Telecrane USA previously, from sources other than Telecrane USA or through their own transactions or communications with you. You will also continue to receive promotional messages if you later request to hear from us again.
Telecrane USA does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We do not share credit card or other financial information for marketing purposes.
Telecrane USA may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following instances:
• We may provide your Personal Information to third parties to process this information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Statement.
• We may disclose your Personal Information to: (a) satisfy applicable law, regulations, legal process or valid governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations of Terms of Service; (c) detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Telecrane USA, its customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
• We may disclose some elements of your Personal Information to third parties to notify you of offers or services that may be of interest to you.
• We do not share credit card or other financial information for marketing purposes.
• We may disclose Personal Information to third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale (including any transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving Telecrane USA or its affiliated companies or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock or asset sale, or other change in corporate control.
• We may also disclose to third parties aggregated or other information that does not identify you individually, such as how many customers viewed a particular product or web page, to conduct website analytics or to serve you targeted advertising.
Third-Party Web Sites.
Telecrane USA.com and other Telecrane USA Web sites may contain links to, or plugins or widgets from, social media or other sites operated and maintained by third parties, over which we have no control. Privacy practices on such sites may be different from our Privacy Statement. Similarly, Telecrane USA.com and other Telecrane USA websites may be accessed and used from third-party sites that we do not control. Telecrane USA encourages you to consult the privacy policies that govern such sites before using them.
Telecrane USA maintains reasonable and appropriate standards to safeguard your Personal Information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. Telecrane USA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
When you enter Personal Information that contains, driver's license number or credit or debit card number at the designated and secured sections of TelecraneUSA.com or other Telecrane USA websites, the site encrypts or encodes the information when sending it over the Internet. Personal Information that we collect and maintain is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls that are consistent with recognized industry standards.
Telecrane USA processes Personal Information on servers of Website hosting companies in the United States and in other countries. In some cases, we may process your Personal Information on a server outside your own country in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law.
Avoiding Identity Theft.
If you think someone has improperly accessed or used your Personal Information supplied to Telecrane USA or made unauthorized purchases at Telecrane USA using your Personal Information, please contact us immediately.
Consider taking the following steps to protect yourself against fraud and identity theft:
Review your account statements regularly. Carefully review your bank, credit card, and other account statements every month to ensure that all of your account activity is valid. Report any questionable charges promptly and in writing to the card or account issuer.
Review your credit report from time to time. Obtain and review your credit report periodically to ensure that all your information is correct. You can obtain a free credit report once per year by visiting http://www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling 877-322-8228. Carefully reviewing your credit report can help you spot problems and address them quickly. If you have any questions about your credit report or notice any inaccuracies, contact the relevant consumer reporting agency promptly at the telephone number listed on the report.
Create a fraud alert. Consider placing a fraud alert on your credit file. The fraud alert prompts creditors to contact you before opening any new accounts or increasing credit limits on your existing accounts. You can place a fraud alert on your credit file by contacting one of three consumer reporting agencies Equifax – Experian – Trans Union. You need to contact only one of the three agencies in order to create the alert; the agency you contact is required by law to contact the other two. You will receive confirmation letters in the mail and then will be able to order a credit report from each of the three agencies, free of charge. The fraud alert will remain in your credit file for at least 90 days.
Changes to Your Personal Information.
To help ensure that the Personal Information we store and process is accurate, complete and current, please contact us with changes to your Personal Information by one of the means described in the section about Your Choices Regarding Telecrane USA Promotional Messages above.
Unless otherwise required by law or for legitimate business purposes, we will make good-faith efforts to correct your Personal Information when you notify us of an error or a change. To prevent unauthorized changes, we ask individual customers to positively identify themselves before we process such requests.
We reserve the right to charge a small fee to process any request to update, correct or delete Personal Information. We also may decline to process certain requests that require a disproportionate technical or practical cost or effort or that could jeopardize the privacy of others or infringe upon Telecrane USA’ rights or property.
How to Contact Us with Questions or Comments.
Privacy and Compliance
2400 N Lincoln Ave. Ste. 115
Altadena CA 91001
Upon receiving a written complaint from a customer, Telecrane USA contacts the customer directly. We will investigate your complaint promptly and diligently to address your concerns and to resolve any dispute quickly.
Telecrane USA regularly reviews its compliance with this Privacy Statement.
Privacy Statement Updates.
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. Telecrane USA will post on Telecrane USA.com and its other Web sites all changes to the Privacy Statement, and, if the changes are significant, will provide a more prominent notice of the Privacy Statement change.